Sarah Raymond is a writer and artist from Toronto, Ontario. Her young adult novel, Signs of Martha, comes out in spring 2011 with Great Plains Publications. Scroll on down for musings on writing, art and other perils of domestic life. Homemade drawings included.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Veggie Gardens in other Weird Places


Alternate title: Is that a banana plant in your garden or are you just happy to see me?

My kids and I happened upon yet another unusual spot for a veggie garden. (The other was on the rooftop of the Royal Fairmont Hotel.) This little food group grows at the Toronto Zoo, and includes tropical plants. Coffee, too. Forget "Meet the Zookeeper". I wanted to attend a "Meet the Zoogardener", but alas, the zoo wasn't offering. And for some reason, my silly children were pulling at my sleeve and dragging me off to the monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment