Sarah Raymond is a writer and artist from Toronto, Ontario. Her young adult novel, Signs of Martha, comes out in spring 2011 with Great Plains Publications. Scroll on down for musings on writing, art and other perils of domestic life. Homemade drawings included.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Craft Supply Lust



Gotta cut back on sewing beasts, I'd been thinking. Too distracting. Too labour-intensive. Too ... well, goofy.

Then my good neighbour Jocelyn pranced over with a score from Value Village: a heap of candy-coloured embroidery floss, just for me. A few days later, an art teacher gifted me old buttons to die for. And worst of all--she gave me a sumptuous mohair jacket, too. It's furry even. Yellow. (See photo.) For some reason, wool items in good yellows are rare. I covet them.

I sorted floss and buttons. After a speedy laundering, I chopped up the jacket into ready pieces for sewing new beasts. I'm so done for.

No comments:

Post a Comment